DAVID HORNUNG ARCHITECT PLANNER, INC., AIA
Owner/President of David Hornung Architect Planner, an architectural firm since 1983.
Thirty-one (31) years experience in architectural and construction field. With responsibilities in all phases of architectural and construction projects, with projects construction value ranging from $100,000.00 to $6,000.000.00. We primarily create architecture designs for clients in the local Lehigh Valley area, including Palmerton, Catasauqua, Emmaus, Allentown, and Zionsville PA.
8-67 to 7-69
7-69 to 4-78
4-78 to 7-84
7-84 to Present
Wallace & Watson Associates: Draftsman
Breslin, Ridyard & Fadero Architects; Project Architect
Kern Construction Co.; Estimator, Designer, Project Manager and Field SupervisorDavid Hornung Architect Planner; Owner/President
- 1980 – 1981 Lehigh Area Community College, Engineering
- 1981 – 1987 Northampton Area Community College, Architecture
- Allentown Chapter, Construction Specifications Institute/President
- Rotary Club of Allentown – Board Member
- St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church – Junior Warden
- American Institutes of Architecture (AIA) – Member
- Pennsylvania Society of Architects (PSA) – Member
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) – Member
- Cardiology Association of Lehigh Valley, Allentown, PA – New Office Facility
- Blue Ridge Country Club, Palmerton – New Addition and Alterations
- Northwest Ambulance Corp.
- True Value Hardware, Cedar Crest Plaza, Allentown, PA – Retail
- Catasauqua Ambulance Corps, Catasauqua, PA – New Building
- Bixler’s Jewelry Store, Cedar Crest Plaza, Allentown, PA – Retail
- Kelly’s Inn, The Pocono’s, Gouldsboro, PA – New Addition
- Weiss Development Corp, Kingston, PA Unemployment Office, Jim Thorpe, PA
- St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, Emmaus, PA – Kitchen Renovations – Addition
- Lehigh Portland Cement, Allentown, PA – Various Projects
- Walker Technical Co., Zionsville, PA – New Office/Warehouse
- Bethlehem Township Ambulance Corp., Bethlehem, PA -New Building
- Greenawalds Fire Co., Allentown, PA.
- Dubbs Agency, Allentown, PA – Retail
- Turner Hydraulics, Carlisle, PA – Office/Warehouse Addition
Erich D. Hornung, Allentown Architect
BOSTON ARCHITECTURAL CENTER Boston, MA.
Bachelors degree in Architecture (2005)
Curriculum provides classroom instruction and practical experience, including and concentrating on Architectural Design,accompanied by CAD, Structures, Codes and Mechanical and Electrical design.
NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE Bethlehem, PA.
Associate Degree in Architecture, Spring 1998
David Hornung Architect Planner – Allentown, PA.
Project Manager/Designer (2005 to present)
- Involved in office procedure, such as costs, project administration, AutoCad drafting and Architectural design of small and large projects.
Warner + Associates – Boston, MA.
Draftsperson (1998 to 2002)
- Involved in office procedure, such as costs, project administration, coupled with AutoCad drafting of small and large commercial projects.
- Acquired a working knowledge of office procedure, accompanied with design process
- Draft Design Developed and Construction Documents in a deadline oriented environment.
- Field Measuring, Surveying and Assisting in Construction Administration
MASTER BUILDER 2000 Allentown, PA
CARPENTER (1994 to 1998)
- Involved in the construction process from foundation to finish work as a Carpenter’s Helper; worked on residential and commercial projects.
- Acquired a working knowledge of the construction process; learned about materials, tools and cost containment
- Developed carpentry skills; demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a hands-on setting.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to collaborative projects.
COMPUTER SKILLS: 2D & 3D Autocad R14, Autocad 2009, Photoshop/Pagemaker, MS Word and Accurender